Friday 5 August 2011

Zoe Sievwright


Zoe Sievwright
Zoe Sievwright. A Skydiver survived a 1100m plunge with just a broken ankle after a jump turned horribly wrong when both her parachutes didn't open.
Zoe Sievwright said she instantly knew something was wrong when her first parachute didn't open as she dived out of the plane.
The 29-year-old British woman said she went to open her reserve parachute but it didn’t open properly after being caught up in the first one, leaving her in a terrifying dive.

“I was searching for toggles to pull but there weren't any. The next thing I looked at the ground and that was it,” she told the Daily Mail.

“I just thought that was it because there was nothing else I could do. I didn't think I was going to make it - I thought I was dead.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

“I braced for impact and I don't really remember what happened after that.

"There was a bit of shock but I didn't black out.”

In pain, she managed to put herself in the recovery position before being found 3km away in a boggy field by a rescue team.

Ms Sievwright has been left shaken and traumatised after the fall and has undergone surgery on her ankle.

Skydive Strathallan chairman Kieran Brady said he hoped she would make a recovery, but denied there was an issue with the parachutes.

He said it appeared she failed to remove the steering toggles and flare the canopy which would have allowed her to land.

Source: heraldsun

No comments:

Post a Comment